What is the reason for “This is not a QuickBooks data file” error?
Discuss the steps to resolve error in QuickBooks?
What are the features of QuickBooks Data recovery software?
Is this software capable in resolving QuickBooks error?
QuickBooks is accounting software that can be used by the accountant and bookkeeper easily. As such this tool is very easy to understand and use due to this it is being used by many largest and smallest markets in order to maintain the important records securely. But at the time of restoring a company file following error may occur:
- "This is not a QuickBooks data file"
Basically this error occurs when the name of the company file and its path exceeds the length limitation that is 210 characters. Not only is this but this error may also occur due to improper handling of the QuickBooks, problem with the hard drive, loss of network connection during use. Due to this reason the stored data in the hard drive becomes inaccessible and then it becomes necessary to resolve error and restore the deleted data.
To resolve this problem you are required to follow some important steps:
- At first Restart your system
- Then try to shorten the file path and file name within 210 characters.
- Then make sure that there is enough space on the drive where file is located.
But if these steps are unable to resolve error then you can use QuickBooks data recovery software. This software has powerful algorithm that performs advanced scanning of the hard drive.
Important features of QuickBooks Data Recovery software are discussed below:
- This software is compatible with QuickBooks 2009 and 2010 (US version)
- Helpful in the recovery of deleted data that are related to companies information.
- It provides Search QBW files in logical drives.
- It has been especially designed for Windows XP, 2000 and 2003 operating system.
- It provides 'log Report' that enables it view entire repair process.
On the whole this software can be used to resolve the error and restore the deleted files easily. This software does not alter the original details of QuickBooks data and is available with detailed user-documentation that enables the user to understand it and use it easily.